All comments posted on this blog do not reflect the opinions of any organization that I am affiliated with. These are my personal perspectives only.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Quick Chat #6: Usability and Psychology

My personal belief is that, with grassroots empowerment provided by web 2.0 and mashups, the concept of usability in applications grows in importance and that usability could go much further then how aesthetic a web page is. There is a rich discipline in psychology that has been applied in several other industries and seems ripe to apply to the world of new collaborative tools. Paul, a colleague of mine showed me a presentation on this that re-emphasized the power of colour (amongst several other concepts) as a means for recollection and understanding. Unfortunately his copy was in black and white, but I did get the concepts... Looking forward to the colour version!

No comments: