All comments posted on this blog do not reflect the opinions of any organization that I am affiliated with. These are my personal perspectives only.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Quick Chat #3: Crowdsourcing, Chaos & Central Limit Theorem

I had an on-line chat with my friend Chris who posed the question, "Is there a danger "crowdsourcing" degenerates into so much noise that there appears to be no order to it, just thousands of disjointed opinions and mini-cliques? Does order always follow chaos? "

Interesting question. My personal opinion (although some quick research would be interesting here) is that ideas and concepts follow the same patterns as displayed in nature, specifically that they follow the central limit theorem and the normal distribution.

But this answer, draws even more concerns over crowdsourcing focusing on the average. Which depends on the situation and is an opportunity to re-think crowdsourcing and improving upon it.

No comments: