All comments posted on this blog do not reflect the opinions of any organization that I am affiliated with. These are my personal perspectives only.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Digital Natives: Whatever Whenever Wherever

I found this video reading Bertrand's fantastic blog and wanted to share it here too. It's about the millennials (aka net-gener's) and learning. I thought it particularly relevant considering some of the "concerns" popping up around the Internet leading to a dark age or the decline of society as a whole.

My personal opinion is that social media can improve learning but it requires engagement vs consumption and thinking vs finding. We can hope our students learn this on their own, or we can teach them how to think and engage. But then again, "hope" is not a strategy.

Enjoy the video and let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All parents, No EVERYONE should view this. Rexx, this is the most provocative video I have EVER viewed. It is indeed a wake up call! Unfortunately most educators may never see it.... Thanks for sharing!

Kevin
IS Analyst

Anonymous said...

Impressive, I will be using this link to try and get some of the people I work with to start thinking out of the box.

Thank you for taking the time and energy to make this available.

Anonymous said...

Not only all parents but all educators should read this...We need to change how we teach our children as they learn differently and schools need to adapt their methodology to address this.